Thursday, May 2, 2013

After the successful operation, it was time to give the reward and the great prophet presented the Medal of Honor. Though most cynics would cry foul and may compare it with the famous “carrot and stick” cliché, the prophet indeed indulged Mr. Unays with a stick.“Then he took me into his house and gave me a stick telling me to keep it by me. When I went out with it the people asked me what I was doing with a stick. I told them that the apostle had given it to me and told me to keep it, and they said. ‘Why don’t you go back to the apostle and ask him why?’ So, I did so, and he said, ‘It is a sign between you and me on the resurrection day. There are few men who will be carrying sticks then.’ So Abdullha b. Unays fastened it to his sword and it remained with him until his death, when he ordered that it should be put in his winding sheet and it was buried with him”(Ishaq 666).

No comments:

Post a Comment