Wednesday, November 27, 2013



Narrated by Mu’adh ibn Jabal (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ): Allah's Messenger (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) was held up one morning from observing the dawn prayer (in congregation) along with us till the sun had almost appeared on the horizon. He then came out hurriedly and Iqamah for prayer was observed and he conducted it (prayer) in brief form. When he had concluded the prayer by saying As-salamu alaykum wa Rahmatullah, he called out to us saying: Remain in your places as you were. Then turning to us he said: I am going to tell you what held me from you (on account of which I could not join you in the prayer) in the morning.

"I got up in the night and performed ablution and observed the prayer as had been ordained for me. I dozed in my prayer till I was overcome (by vision or dream) and Lo, I found myself in the presence of my Lord, the Blessed and the Glorious, IN THE BEST FORM. He said: Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم)! I said: At your service, my Lord. He said: What these highest angels contend about? I said: I do not know. He repeated it thrice. He (Prophet Mohammad - صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said:Then I saw Him ( Allah - سبحانہ و تعا لی ) put HIS PALMS between my shoulder blades till I felt the coldness of HIS FINGERS between the two sides of my chest. Then everything was illuminated for me and I could recognize everything (in Heaven and Earth)". (Ahmad, Tirmidhi)




Narrated by Abdur Rahman ibn A’ish (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) - Allah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said - I saw my Lord, the Exalted and Glorious in the most beautiful form. He (Allah - سبحانہ و تعا لی) said: What do the Angels in the presence of Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) contend about? I said: You are the most aware of it. He then placed HIS PALM between my shoulders and I felt its coldness in my chest and I came to know what was in the Heavens and the Earth. He recited (this verse) وَكَذَ‌ٰلِكَ نُرِي إِبْرَاهِيمَ مَلَكُوتَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَلِيَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُوقِنِينَ [Meaning - Thus did we show Ibrahim(علیھ السلا م ) the Kingdom of the Heavens and the Earth and it was so that he might have certainty.’(Al-An'am - 75).] (Darimi,Tirmidhi ).




Narrated on the authority of Abu Dharr (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) - I asked the Messenger of Allah ( صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) - Did you see your Lord? He (the Prophet -صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said "He is light, how can I see Him. (Muslim, Book 1, Hadith No. 341).


Narrated by Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ): Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) said that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said - I saw my Lord, the Exalted and Glorious in the most beautiful form. Akrama(رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) said, on this I submitted, does not Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) say that “Peoples’ eyes cannot perceive Him. He perceives their eyes.”, then Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) said, Hey ’ this is true when Allah’s (سبحانہ و تعا لی) refulgence (Tajalli) is from the divine light which is the“Light of His Unity”. Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) has seen his Sustainer (Rab) twice”. (Tirmidhi).



Hazrat Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) reported that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) saw Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) on the 'Night of Ascension (Me'araj) ( Sahih Muslim, Book 001, Ahadith Nos. 0334 and 0335).

Narrated by Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ): Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) said that Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said - I saw my Lord, the Exalted and Glorious in the most beautiful form. Akrama(رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) said, on this I submitted, does not Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) say that “Peoples’ eyes cannot perceive Him. He perceives their eyes.”, then Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) said, Hey ’ this is true when Allah’s (سبحانہ و تعا لی) refulgence (Tajalli) is from the divine light which is the“Light of His Unity”. Prophet Mohammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) has seen his Sustainer (Rab) twice”. (Tirmidhi).





Narrated by Ibn Abbas (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) - Prophet (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said that ‘My Sustainer came to me in a very good face and said, O’ Mohammed (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم), I submitted, ‘Yes my Sustainer, present; I am present’. He said, ‘Do you know the sublime Angels argue with each other in what’? ‘ I submitted , I do not know’. Then He placed His hand (of omnipotence) in between my shoulders and I found the coolness of the hand into my chest and then I knew whatever there is, in the skies and the earth. (Tirmidhi - Mishkaath).







Narrated by Abdur Rahman ibn A’ish (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) - Allah’s Messenger (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) said - I saw my Lord, the Exalted and Glorious in the most beautiful form. He (Allah - سبحانہ و تعا لی) said: What do the Angels in the presence of Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) contend about? I said: You are the most aware of it. He then placed HIS PALM between my shoulders and I felt its coldness in my chest and I came to know what was in the Heavens and the Earth. He recited (this verse) وَكَذَ‌ٰلِكَ نُرِي إِبْرَاهِيمَ مَلَكُوتَ السَّمَاوَاتِ وَالْأَرْضِ وَلِيَكُونَ مِنَ الْمُوقِنِينَ [Meaning - Thus did we show Ibrahim(علیھ السلا م ) the Kingdom of the Heavens and the Earth and it was so that he might have certainty.’(Al-An'am - 75).] (Darimi,Tirmidhi ).


narrated by Masruq (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہ) - I said to Ummul Momineen Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا), "O Mother! Did Prophet Muhammad(صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) see his Lord?" Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) said, "What you have said makes my hair stand on end! Know that if somebody tells you one of the following three things, HE IS A LIAR -

"Whoever tells you that Muhammad (صلى الله عليه و آله وسلم) saw his Lord, IS A LIAR." Then Aisha (رضئ اللہ تعالی عنہا) recited the following verses:

" لَّا تُدۡرِڪُهُ ٱلۡأَبۡصَـٰرُ وَهُوَ يُدۡرِكُ ٱلۡأَبۡصَـٰرَ‌ۖ [Meaning - Peoples' eyes (be it physical eyes or heart eyes) cannot see Him, He sees their eyes (them).] (Al-An'aam - 103)."; and

"وَمَا كَانَ لِبَشَرٍ أَن يُكَلِّمَهُ ٱللَّهُ إِلَّا وَحۡيًا أَوۡ مِن وَرَآىِٕ حِجَابٍ [ Meaning - "It is not fitting for a human being that Allah (سبحانہ و تعا لی) should speak to him except by inspiration, or from behind a veil.] (Ash-Shura - 51). -

(Bukhari - Volume 6, Book 60, Hadith No. 378 - part of the Hadith). This Hadith is also mentioned in Muslim (Book No. 1 -Hadith No. 337)






Sahih Bukhari Volume 4, Book 54, Number 457:
Narrated Aisha:
Whoever claimed that (the Prophet) Muhammad saw his Lord, is committing a great fault, for he only saw Gabriel in his genuine shape in which he was created covering the whole horizon.

No comments:

Post a Comment