Wednesday, February 10, 2016

Narrated Jabir Ibn Abdullah (radiyallahu anhu): ‘I was with the Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam) and the time for the Asr prayer became due. We had no water with us except a little which was put in a vessel and was brought to the Prophet (sallallahu alaihe wa-sallam). He put his hand into it and spread out his fingers and then said: “Come along! Hurry up! All those who want to perform ablution. The blessing is from Allah.” I saw the water gushing out from his fingers. So the people performed the ablution and drank, and I tried to drink more of that water (beyond my thirst and capacity), for I knew it was blessing. The sub-narrator said: ‘I asked Jabir: “How many persons were you then?” He replied: “We were one thousand four hundred men.” [Saheeh al-Bukharee vol: 7, no: 543 and Saheeh al-Muslim vol: 4, no: 779]

No comments:

Post a Comment