Thursday, May 15, 2014

bn Shihab said: Ibn Hazm told me that Ibn ‘Abbas and Abd Habba al-Ansari used to say that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Thereafter he ascended with me till I was taken to such a height where I heard the scraping of the pens (of Taqdir) Ibn Hazm and Anas told that the Messenger of Allah (may peace be upon him) said: Allah then made fifty prayers obligatory for my Ummah and I returned with that and passed by Moses. Moses, (peace be upon him) said: What has thy Lord enjoined on thy people? I said: Fifty prayers have been made obligatory on them. Moses (peace be upon him) said: Return to thy Lord(?????? ???), for thy Ummah would not be able to bear this burden. Then I came back to my Lord(?????? ???) and He remitted a portion out of thut. I then again went to Moses (peace be upon him) and informed him about it He said: Return to thy Lord(????? ???),, for thy Ummah shall not be able to bear this burden. I then went back to my Lord(?????? ???) and He said: They are five and at the same time fifty, and what has been said will not be changed. I then returned to Moses and he said: Go back to thy Lord. whereupon I said: I feel ashamed of my Lord(?? ??????? ?? ???)[Sahih Muslim, Hadith No. 313 – Agreed upon]

No comments:

Post a Comment